Thursday, September 21, 2006

Students

I've seen a couple of students around town and now cards and messages are coming through to me too... which is lovely. I thought I'd respond to those who signed my card, and any student who wants to can keep in touch through here or via my work email, which I am still using. It is GREAT being able to delete all the general "work" email and just read friendly stuff!

@ Charlotte M - bless you for your words in the card, you are very kind.
@ Emma C - I am sure that you will get good support from Celia too - and the way you keep working and drafting will surely help you to get good coursework marks again this year.
@ Nat S. I REALLY want you to email me (ask Celia if you don't know how) I need to know how you are progressing with the things we talked about last year.
@ Matt B - we haven't really had time to get to know each other, but since they have put Nigel in charge of our tutorial you have passed into the safest hands!
@ Chris F - now then! *adopts stern voice*. You have got all the potential in the world to get a top grade - so make sure you do plenty of indept. study to build on what you've got already!
@ Becky M - I dunno if it was faith, exactly, but I was always sure that you could fly in this subject, and you proved me right - your first piece of coursework was one of the best I've ever seen for a listening audience. I will be keeping an ear out to make sure you keep on track this year!
@ Matt N - bless you for your kind words. You will find Celia very good for your A2 work.
@ M Areeb - you are another one who did very good coursework, you've made such great progress since your first year in the college, and you should feel rightly proud of yourself.
@ Saiqa - Apart from being amazed that you're still there I will be keeping an ear out to make sure you stay on track this time! Thanks for your enthusiastic words - I'm deeply touched by them.
@ Sam B - thanks for your kindness. I am sure you will make great progress this year.
@ "little Sam" - surely I never used a size-ist term like that? .. is that what your mates call you? I am getting littler myself tho - this condition is like a fierce diet!
@ Sophie - I am delighted that you are carrying on with A2,can you remember what I said to you on results day?
@ Kieran .... I will miss you too, you surely did add to the entertainment factor last year! Did I really "shout" at you!
@ Holly - congratulations on still being there. Try to focus on a bit of study from time to time this year, my dear!
@ BECKY - ah, yes indeed, you made me laugh out loud with that comment. I was right about you, and I hope that you are right about me too.
@ Hanna - I look forward to seeing you all again too.

Some people don't understand why I am still thinking of work, but what else can I do with my mind? Ponder on sickness? You young people are at the heart of my life, and I do enjoy your company and helping you with your learning, so as long as I am well enough to type and chatter I will want to keep hearing about you and offering support if I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

It was more like a friendly shout, a real enjoyable one and i cant wait for many more to come!

Every one at college really is supporting you and we all miss you so much.

See you soon

Love and Best Wishes..

Kieran
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Heya Susan
Thanks so much for your reply to the cards.
I sincerely hope that you manage to beat this, but saying good luck seems so pointless when so many of us are sure you will overcome it with our positive attitude.
All my love
Becky M