Monday, September 25, 2006

Suzi sleeps early and B blogs on!

Suzi is fast asleep

I'm not sure if she'll approve of all the comments which I've just chosen to publish but hey ho I thought you lot out there would enjoy this challenge:

so........ come on all ye English teachers and English students

'The big C' - Poem story (from Matt's last comment)

  • who wrote the 'The big C' poem?

......and Matt I'm waiting to hear how you explained it to him! (But sorry folks I'm not sure if the reply to this will be fit to publish).

"Irish nurse Connie" wins the best dressed nurse competition

Well done to Irish Nurse Connie for your perfectly crafted nurses hat and extra special bonus points for the name badge. Well done Lizzie, today's efforts are going to take some beating!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I doubt this is THE poem but it's widely quoted and positively lovely (especially without the tacky wallpaper and Casio noises that tend to accompany it on websites.)

The Big C

The big 'C'" I heard someone call it.
Another just whispered the word.
That we don't even dare to say "cancer" out loud
Gives it power it doesn't deserve.

So I'm giving that letter new meaning
And refusing to give in to fear
By reclaiming the power for you and for me
And by saying these words loud and clear:

Let the "C" be for "Cure" and "Compassion."
Let it stand for the "Candles" we light,
And a "Chorus" of voices shouting, "You 'Can'!"
To all who will take up this fight.

Let the "C" be for "Cash Contribution"
("Credit" or "Check" will work, too).
Let it stand for "Commitment" and "Checkups" and "Cheer,"
And the "Children" "Counting" on you.

Let it mean that we know our "Creator"
Is beside us each step of the way,
And remind us to "Call" on His strength and His love
And to "Celebrate" every new day.

To everyone facing this "Challenge,"
I say it's a fight we can win.
Tell all who will listen that, starting today,
The "C" is for "Courage," my friend.

Written by Kathy Cawthorn, 1999

suze said...

@ Jean - oh thank-you honey - I like that - tho' it verges a tad on the Casio-side it works for me just now .. cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetheart - you can always rely on me to use the C word ..
:-)

Did you receive my last email sent on the 24th Sept? Just checking I've been writing to the correct email address - no need for you to reply.

Much love to you and B,
Jean xx