Sunday, September 24, 2006

End of Treatment Day 3


Saturday

Hi – it is me
wresting back Blog-Control from Brigid before you all realise that she has more comedic talent than me. I am pleased that she has been able to keep it going while I’m in here, but now I can type in hospital – thanks to Jan-mum for getting me the lap-top. You are lovely, Jan. *kiss kiss*. We’ve also got 44 days of music to listen to, *gasp* thanks to James for fixing that and the wireless set-up at home … I am surrounded by such kind and generous ppl.

54 hours into the chemo and the hair-do is still in place. This chemo isn’t famous for hair-loss and it is obviously respecting the expense and trouble of my current style. Three days of the cocktail has made me a bit tired and sickly, but nothing at all hard to deal with.

Dr Adeb is very lovely - I am convinced now I’ve seen him thrice without any more recess-probing. He has also admired my metallic pink toe nails and even patted Mabel, the trusty guard-dog. He also showed a surprising knowledge about Charlton’s “progress” in the league this year. You experts out there will realise that there HAS BEEN NO FOOTBALL TODAY. (Yet again).


It really isn’t hard being in here – the space is very pleasant and the food is good, I’ve had prawns twice today, once with Mango salsa and once in sandwiches… very nice and full of essential minerals. I’m also eating masses of fresh fruit and seeds – I might turn into a bird –
haha –
more like a monkey. I’m so looking forward to seeing The Mystery Brothers next weekend, and will save some energy to go to Monkey Forest with them.


and from B

I can't wait to collect Suze and bring her back home. No doubt you'll be pleased to have the electronic communication restored to full working order!

OOOOOOOOps the "L" techno babe has realised why no comments!

Yes obviously I had to look at them in a different section, on edit posts, and then publish them before they would appear! Apologies for the delay in the posting and many thanks Kasia and Tracy for helping to spot the error!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

54 hours of chemo and there hair do is still there ?!? - that industrial strength hairspary one got cheap down the abbey obvously has something going for it... ;)

love you loads,

Mable says sausages x

James