Saturday, September 30, 2006

Random things my dad says

Magic Water
While my dad was visiting we shared a few thoughts on my religion, and the power of the mind. He is quite convinced about the mind over matter thing and knew various stories from the news on this theme. One tale he told me was about watering plants - the premise is something like this: the researchers chanted positive sayings over one lot of water and negative sayings over another lot, and then used these different waters on different lots of plants. Over time the negative water plants failed to flourish, whereas the positive water plants flourished. Now this is the sort of thing I find very easy to believe .. and I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this experiment and better still can you locate a refernce for it?

Bad news
My best nurse has got a sore throat :(
Her doc has given her antibiotics and she is sleeping in the spare room - but she has a sorry face on her cos she is worried about making me ill. On the other hand, the nurse at the Nuffield reckons my immunity won't be that low on just my first round of chemo -- so hopefully we'll be OK!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze. I don't know if this is what your dad meant when he talked about positive thoughts and watering plants but if you put the name Dr. Franklin Loehr into google it'll come up with a few sites about an experiment he did with water and prayer on plants.

Anonymous said...

glad your immune system wont be too low, shame about your best nurse :(

ive never heard of the magic water maybe you should try it out??


xxx

James said...

Thank god for the sense of the Nuffied nursey.. cant have two lesbians apart ... it ain't natural i'll tell ya!

Very thoughtful the first bit btw. :)

suze said...

@ jean - *groan* at the dreadful puns -- and is that a real ref Dr Emoto??? sounds to comic to be true ...

and football? r u serious? how long as this fad been on the agenda and will it last longer than kick-boxing... you know B gave u[ football after only a few sessions thanks to some wussy desire not to get her legs broken -- she reckons amateur tacklers are a grave danger in the sport -- so you have been warned!

Anonymous said...

I don't know the experiment you mention but looking at the state of my garden and house plants just now I guess I ought to start talking nicely down the hose pipe just in case it works - I'll have to make sure no-one has a camera out while I do it or I might get certified. Sorry about the sore throat depriving you of B's company. Hope that gets sorted soon. Take care both of you. Sandie x

Anonymous said...

Suze, Firstly let me apologize for my lack of contact but please know that you and Brigid are constantly in my thoughts and heart. Anyway enough of the emotional stuff I bet your sick to the back teeth of it as long as you know my heart is with you I can leave it at that. I was looking through your blog and it's unbelievable how Julie, Mark and yourself are beginning to look the same but to be honest i think the last time i saw you all together was at Mark's wedding. When my mum first told me you were ill i was honestly shocked and got me thinking about Grandad even more than I usually do, you know he's my single greatest role model. Uncle Fred is right when he says you are a Toft and your will and determination will see you through this. I'll leave you with one of the many things I learnt from Grandad.

Fishfinger Sandwiches can be classed as a meal or snack.


All my love

Lawrence x x