Thursday, September 28, 2006

Reasons to be cheerful Pt. 1

Rainbow food
Had a nice relaxing day with mum and dad. Ate pretty much of the rainbow during the day - peach, leek, potato, beetroot, tomato, broccoli carrot and peas. (LOL - this spell-checker doesn't recognise the word beetroot - which suggests how RARE I am for eating the lovely stuff all my life - and it is a superfood to stop you getting my type of cancer -- only it obviously isn't a guarantee!)

Routine
I got up early with B and we did our yoga together then ate porridge with banana, blueberries and raspberries - so you can see I'm feeling less nauseous today too.. Doing this very familiar stuff makes me very cheerful. I'm tired now - but I can go back for a snooze anytime.

Sofa
The lovely man from Highly Sprung called to say they would try to collect the sofa (for re-upholstering) TODAY. This is great news - even though (unbelievably useless) CIS insurance still haven't paid him - he says he will chase them! Good luck to him- we've been chasing them for FIVE months!

I admit I played the cancer-emotional-blackmail-card last week and told him that I NEED this sofa back quickly, seeing as I can't possibly watch crappy NTL telly from a dining chair... he seems responsive to my needs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the rainbow food terminology!:-) all very healthy and packed with vitamins!
I would like to go for a snooze too! I think I am suffering from paint inhalation syndrome after painting the stairs...
Keep the cheerful mode!:-)

Anonymous said...

WANTED
electric thingummy-jig, one that says: "the cups are here" "the plates are there" "saucepans could be anywhere ..."

Does anyone else have a cooker with no labels on the dial? After five lessons I've learnt how to pull out the grill-pan.

I've got frost-bite from defrosting the freezer and a pain in my back (that's not Fred) from bending over.

I've just got it all sussed and now I'm taking leave of the place .. I hope to have the thingummy-jig next time I come.

Anyway we've had good food eaten by all -- "dunno who the cook is round here but ....."
Thank-you Brigid for everything and you're a star!

Keep yer pecker up, Sue, I'm sure it's all going to be OK
Lots of Love, LM

Anonymous said...

Thank you LM I haven't eatern so well in months!

My belly was so swelled from the mountain of tea that you'd made for me last night I wondered if it'd ever go down.

I'm delighted with all the jobs you've done for us. The masses of ironing and defrosting the freezer are jobs no one likes and one's I'm pretty useless at. Thank you for all you've done - have a safe journey home and have a really good rest.

Lots of love to you both from

B