Saturday, September 16, 2006

four am


What is it about this time that makes it so hard to sleep? I am not aware of being anxious, just awake. I am also excited cos Julie is coming up tomorrow and staying for a few days. I think we can go out for a little peddle along the canal on Sunday. Then she can help me get some shopping: the "hospital kit" -- slippers! dressing gown! will she be able to cope with the excitement?

Dressing Gowns. This is a challenge - I've actually been looking for one for months. Has anyone else noticed how infantile most nightwear aimed at women is? I'm not at home with the fluffy bunny look. Or you can get slippy satin that is cold to touch and falls open all the time Or they dont "do it your size, madam"..

Julie might be taking on more than she realises, going shopping with me!

Hairdresser. I was so unhappy with yesterday's hair-do that I went to another salon today. I choseJohn English and the M.D. (Gill) was there. She is a stunning woman. She was so kind with me, and sat and talked to me the whole time the girls were fiddling with my hair. She is a shining example of the kindness of strangers, she listened really well and chipped in with relevant and interesting comments. AND my hair looks better! I've had a shorter than usual crop for easy maintenance.

Survivor's Stories I just read some of the survivors' stories from the Bowel Cancer Site. Hmmmm, Maybe not the best idea in the middle of the night.

What they all make clear is that this is going to be a long haul.

Reflection This is better for these dark hours:
http://www.yogananda-srf.org/calendar/ir2007gallery.swf

5 comments:

JVB said...

Hi Suze. Posting here cos only have your work email. Bastard bad news - sorry to hear that. Am rubbish at language in this kind of situation, but if you get an iTalk gizmo for your iPod you could record all the dumb-ass things people say to you at this time. Then it'll make great data when you're fighting fit and back in the classroom again!! Keep on posting. Talk soon.

suze said...

s'okay julie-babe - I am still using that woek eamil- just deleting the work stuff (it's like a cream come true!!!) lots of friends use that addy... I like your lang investigation idea!

suze said...

and the typos in the last comment prove my identity! LOL

Ant Heald said...

You said not to clog up the language list with get well messages, so I'm putting one here instead.

I've been on the list for years, but I'm afraid I'm a taker rather than giver so only post very rarely, but I've always very much appreciated your contributions. I think you can often tell a fair bit about people from their on-line presence, and if I'm right about that you're a really good person and I hope you come through this is OK. I'll be keeping an eye on this blog.You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Ant x

suze said...

Thanks, ant. I've also had a batch of emails saying similair from all around the country and it is good to know ppl have valued my help. T'internet is a wonderful thing.