Friday, January 26, 2007

Hi - yesterday was a good day - felt quite well for the majority of it, and took it really easy to rest my aching belly! Have had another good night's sleep (yes dad, still in the chair, I tried to lie in the bed but I dont feel so secure and you have to use far more muslces to move about in bed than in ths stressless chair). ps to Lynn, we bought the chair a few year ago - but I hardly ever sat in it .. but I'm sort of fixed in it 24/7 now and really appreciate its quality!

visitors
Andy came in the afternoon while B was out with Mike, then Kate came down as well. They are easy company and kept me cheerful for a few hours. Kate also bought some DVDs to lend us. B and I tried to watch Groundhog Day in the evening, but our DVD player is going tempermental and keep sticking ..... dunno if we will splash out on new one ... (talking of splashing out .. my car service, MOT etc bill yesterday was over 500 quid! gasp

cards
Had an unexpected card from Joan and Reg, which was very sweet, and apparenly they read the blog too *waves to Joan and Reg* hi!!

food
oh yum -- B boiled up the bones of the roast chicken to make a very good stock to use in a risotto which was really excellent ... she is now vying for celebrity chef status ... I'm still not eating MUCH but I do feel like my interest in good food is still here!


jigsaw puzzle
hmm - perhaps it is too big .. anyrate, in the interests of not sitting up too much, I didn't do any yesterday. What I did do was a bit of sewing, which made me think that a bit of needlpoint would be a good way to spend time in the recliner chair, so I've sent for a good design off tinernet ...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never had you pegged as a needlework devotee - you can still surprise!Glad to here that you are feeling a little more comfortable and can get some sleep in that chair.May visit next week if you are up to it, probably Tuesday. Will ring to confirm and co-ordinate with nurse visits etc. Love to you and to B too, Celia F

Anonymous said...

needlepoint!! I'm not of an analytical inclination but really Susan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze
You seem to be doing great, I dont think I was eating so well so quickly,rice can bung up so take care!!
I craved salty food instead of sweet, something to do with having to make sure we have more salt than non stoma people, so have an extrea shake of the salt pot each time!
Glad to read you are looking into the prescription lark, fight your corner.

suze said...

hey anon -- good to see you back (why don't you adopt a name?) on the strength of your advice I've now got the exemption thingy signed by my doc and in the post to the NHS -- so that means I WILL have one, so I owe you a drink!

@ Celia F - hi - I used to sew a fair bit as a kid and then again in my 20s, and it just seems a good idea to return to at this time! I wish I was offering more startling surprises than being a needle-woman! As for visit, Celia D is coming on Tues next week .. can you do Monday or Friday?

Anonymous said...

Susan you have done some very nice embroidary, also made alot of clothes in the past.
It was a nice morning here so we went to Weymouth in the car we sat at the harbour for a while watching some young lads learning to sail a big yatch, then we walked round to Wetherspoons for a coffee.
We had a vegie soup all rainbow colour for tea last night,made me think of you.
I think we are very lucky we have missed the snow down here though its been very frosty and cold.
Pleased you are feeling
better today you know what they say about children they are up one day down another thats how it is with ops.
Byefor now lots of love to you both L M xxxxx

Anonymous said...

No need for a drink,just pleased to help, dont want to intrude into your blog, but know what a struggle this recovery can be initially, and I would have welcomed any tips along the way.
You seem to have lots of well wishers and family rooting for you, but with your permission I will look in now and again. Im the same age as you,but four years down the line medically, now looking forward to menopause!!! Yeh!

suze said...

dear anon, you are not intruding on the blog -- I'm pleased you found me ..

yes it's true I'm not short of pals, there is something special about hearing from someone who has "got the T-shirt" ...

ps re menopause -- I've beat you to that! The radiation treatment started mine, and my surgeon has whipped out my ovaries now! I've got an electric fan by my bed and that makes a huge difference to my comfort levels

(it really would be nice if you took a name, though, so we recognise you next time you come it!)
xx

kiwi said...

oh yay for a good day and a good night's sleep! do hope you get the dvd sorted, mine's coming in VERY handy right now (and groundhog day's a fab movie).

(julie's comment cracked me up!)

x

suze said...

hmm -- I'm know getting a bit jealous, it seems that my KID sister is getting more laughs than me these days .. well she learnt it all off me!

*flounces hair and exits thread*

Anonymous said...

I think needlepoint is a great idea - as you know I do a bit of embroidery and sewing myself, Will bring my latest piece tomorrow and we can have a little sewing bee! Love and looking forward so much to seeing you both!
Liz x

Anonymous said...

Hey there Suze, for someone who'd rather be on a bicycle in the Hebrides riding in the snow (ah, snow), you're doing pretty good in the plod of operation recovery, if you ask me! just reading yr posts of the last few days and yr comments and grinning... love how the menus and tasty foods are featuring, in all their colours... an interest in food and a love of eating and cooking really helps recovery... mental preparedness and all!

much love
erin in calgary working on conference development, tho i'd rather think about risotto!

Anonymous said...

it's certainly true to say Sue that I learnt a lot about humour from just watching you. Love Julie

suze said...

you see ... non-stop cheek and general lack of respect, that's what I get from my dahling sister!
;)