Sunday, January 21, 2007

Oh happy day

wow - feel so much better today -- managed to get the wind and other pain under much more control and found a way to sleep for the first time all week, so now feel more refreshed and a bit normal! (dont worry I wont ever be TOO normal --eek)

Sleep was achieved in the Stressless chair cos it holds me in a fixed position at the right level of reclining (which you can't achieve in a bed with pillows) .... I cant recommend these chairs enough --they are so easy to move to different angles and so comfy to lie in ... and to sleep in -- magic!

we also got a new relaxation tape cos I am very suggestible to being TOLD to relax with words and hippy-trippy music - so that did the trick. At first I managed 1 1/2 hours, and then had two three hours stretches which feels amazing compared to the past three nights of cat-napping and wakefulness.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Suze! Great to hear your positive news, best wishes and healing thoughts to you :-)

Anonymous said...

Delighted that you are settling down at home and feeling more comfortable. You have the best nurse I am sure. Did not visit flower market today (where jazzy colours cheer up a grimy patch) so am glad that you have been showered with petals on your home-coming. Remember to go eeeasy!

Love M xx & J xx

suze said...

hi - @ michael - yes B is the BESTEST nurse and I am going easy cos she does everything for me! they wouldn't have let me out unless they were sure the home front would be OK!

@ jean - we've had that chair a while, can't recall the model name - a quick look on the site suggests it is the Memphis / Savannah shape - it is a lovely midnight blue leather

Anonymous said...

Great to hear your gut is feeling less traumatised and you have had some sleep.
I've been out with Domenica, Ju Tracey and Merry this morning, and they send both of you their love and best wishes. All from nursing backgrounds and all suitably amazed to hear about your rapid recovery.

Anonymous said...

hi, great to see you back!
I had good time in Poland but I was ill all the time - I still have horrible cough and can't speak properly either...
I hope you like the present I brought from Poland - it is the latest fashionable thing there!:-)
Hope to see you soon!
Lots of love,
Kasia xx

suze said...

Hi Julie and Kasia

good to hear from you both - it's been nice havingMatt here for a little while, Kasia -"thanks for sharing" !!

I really DO like the pressie - crackle-glaze is a favourite thing of mine --- I hope you like the pressie we sent to you -- I dont think that that is quite the latest fashion here!

@ Julie - that positive thinking stuff Idid pre-op is pretty potnet stuff, I reckon
tell your lovely mates HI from me, i still get excited tinking aobut Merry's lovely food - tho has to be said I' definititely only fit to eat very small, very beig food at the mo -- tho might be getting a bit of tomato with my T-time mash!

love you LOADS

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze and pleased to see you home and beginning to sleep too. I wish you a good and speedy recovery, my dear. :)