Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Two Jans

Hi - I've been a bit busy with visitors and new pals this week.
Two Jans
Those of you who read the comments closely will have noticed an advisor who turns out to be called Jan. We have been in touch by email now and it it great for me to "talk" to ppl who have been in this boat.

What is really amazing is that another woman called Jan has also made email contact with me (via the IA-forum.) At first I assumed that these were one and the same Jan, but it turns out they are different women.... Jan from the IA forum lives very near to me, and has had almost the same cycle of treatment for cancer, whereas the Jan who came in here first has had a longer history of living with a stoma and a different set of health issues. Tinternet, dontcha just love it!

Visitors
Since my last post I've had a steady stream of visitors. Kate came down on Monday and today. Celia D came by yesterday. Last night into today B's sister has been here.

Last night was a real treat cos Graham bought Alice over and we had a Chinese meal (my first since September) and it just felt really ordinary and "normal" (sorry, there's that wretched word again!) Graham was working in Coventry, so he didn't stay; B and Alice went out together for a few hours today, which is a really good break for Brigid. Meanwhile me 'n' Kate put the world to rights!

Toby and Joe
Apparently they regularly ask about my well being, and Toby has said that I need to up-date the blog -- so here you are boys:
Thanks for asking and I am doing OK, my tummy is still pretty sore sometimes, but I can walk about quite well now and am getting enough sleep to help me get better. I am also eating plenty of nice fruit and vegetables and a bit of meat too, to build me up.

I hope you have a nice party for your birthday this weekend and Aunty B has bought your cards so they will be in the post soon.

Then not long after that it will be 1/2 term and we will have a chance to see each other when you come up to Warwick.
YAY!!!!!

lots of love from me, the celebrity patient
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan pleased you are having good company and feeling O K.
We went to Lyme R today to get the keys for the caravan.It was a lovely day quit warm and sunny.
Toby and Joe are coming here for tea tomorrow night, they havnt been for a couple of weeks due to my cough,looking forward to having them here.
Lots of love L M xxxxxxx.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Toby and Joe will be blogging later at M&D's. Well Toby for sure - whereas Joe's Thursdays are frenetic with English, swimming and trampolening from end of school to bedtime. ERK I think I've turned into horror Mum who makes her children do too much.

Kate said...

It was my pleasure! xx