Friday, January 12, 2007

three and counting

Well I've done all the important stuff today -- eaten a piece of The Lounge's legendary caramel shortcake and had my hair cut again: nice and neat for lying down on.

I've also seen my stoma nurse, which was interesting and re-assuring. She's put an X on my belly where Mrs Hall is to cut the hole! Her name is Julie!

We are off to Alderley Edge for cocktails and pizza. Just waiting for the wonderful Matt to pick us up, as he has so kindly offfered to drive. We have used the waiting time well - lemon drops and Nina!

Love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the nurse is named Julie rather than you calling the 'x'/hole/stoma Julie. Because to be honest that would be a bit odd. Thinking about you all the time lots of love always Julie xxx

suze said...

haha - sorry Julie - I realise that post wasnt very clearly written.. in fact is seems many people DO give a name to their stoma -- often their Doctor's name (my doc is called Chris, which isn't a name I care for -- I was thinking of calling it Adab, which just seems like quite a good name it -- but I could call it after my nurse! hehehe