Saturday, January 13, 2007

two to go

We had a great night out last night .. and now I am mainly taking it easy. It is my last chance to eat anything decent for a while, so we had OATCAKES for breakfast .. and we're off to Azrini's for a meal ce soir ... which should be good.

Obsessed with food?
I ask you - is this a "fair" cancer for someone who loves food as much as I do? *tsk*
Tomorrow is "fast and purge" day in advance of the operation, and then after the op they let me have a few mls of water each hour until they are think the bit of bowel I've got left is funtioning back to working OK ... and then it will be trial and error to see how I cope with different foods .. there is a strong opinion that I should eventually be able to eat pretty much as before so long as I don't eat too much fibre, like fruit skins. Stoma-patients' fave seems to be MASH! yippee!

Planning
We have to be at the hospital for 7.30 a.m. on Monday and I'll be going to theatre at about 9.30.
B's mum coming up to be here with her for a few days, she should get here during the morning on Monday.
B has started to pencil in a few visitors, James on Monday, Andy on Tuesday, Mand on Wednesday, Mark on Friday. If you want to see me please check with B first - ideally by text to her mobile -- let us know if you need her mobile number.

Bright Side
My brother, Mark, sent me a lovely email today and this bit in it really made me smile:


  • On the bright side, at least you will not be losing anything you want to keep, except a section of bowel. You will still be able to sing along to your fave Nina Simone track without having to skip a line.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10 comments:

kiwi said...

not that it's anything to do with me but i promise virgo a great horoscope this coming week!

Ali said...

good luck with the fasting today... i have to say i would be craving an oatcake! my parents are on their way from stoke as we speak with a dozen to feed my addiction. great quote - and great pic! how cool is that!!!!! x

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the op tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you :)

Will B be online to post info on how it went?

Lots of love xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze
You will be in my thoughts too. It will be fine, you have a great consultant.

Tassi x

Anonymous said...

xxxx all glswegian fingers xxxx

and pearl's in edinburgh too...we raised a glass or two to you yesterday

Anonymous said...

Susan I could just enjoy a oatcake and I know your Dad would oh and the mistry boys, nothing goes down better than Stokies oaties with yer breakfast.
Did Brigid get her hair sorted yesterday.I did a blog yesterday but I had a problem geting it to transfer.
All the best Sue for tomorrow we will be thinking of you andwe send our very special love to both of you,lots of hugs and kisses Mum and Dad xxxxxxxx

suze said...

hi y'all - it's bloody annoying that the first bit of sunshine this year falls on the day I can't leave the house .. hey ho

I'm feeling pretty pole-axed by the picolax today ... but otherwise OK

@ ali - I did that pic by using a photo of me and colouring it in using adobe photoshop elements, to be honest I'm dead slow at things like that, but find it strangely satisfying! xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze

Good luck for tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you while I'm at the Away Day!

Love Matt xx

suze said...

hehe Matt - I wonder which one of us will have the most fun ... :)

Anonymous said...

We'll be thinking about you both, with all our love John, Julie , Joe and Toby xxxx