Saturday, November 18, 2006

birds

Such a bright day -
this is our copper beech - showing off how it gets its name:



We decided to go over to Tittesworth Reservoir for our walk today,
but sadly when we got there my belly went quite sore and I felt too tired to actually walk.

We had a drink and I got a few snaps of the locals there:













You're not supposed to feed the birds, and these big geese in particular are considered a hazard up there, but the carpark is full of people dispensing crumbs.

ps if you click on the images you can see a slightly bigger version of these.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not want to bragg but OUR copper beech has shed all its leaves now... and it much much bigger then yours :-))
Now the Japanese maples look fabulouse - one is red and one is yellow...
But you know that I love our magical street too bits!

suze said...

oh I love japanese maple. We had a nice one here, but each year the wind killed a bit more of it off, we are quite exposed here. In the end we gave it to Andy cos his garden is very sheltered.