Wednesday, November 01, 2006

C+R week3 day3

Doctors.
Went to see Dr Adab last night. He is such a good bloke, though how he can manage to look quite so interested in the details of the day by day working of my bowels is beyond me. I had got anxious cos we'd booked the cottage for Christmas without checking the dates with the doctors, so I quizzed him about my surgery dates. He said he thought January was the likliest time....

Then as we left his office, my surgeon, Mrs Hall was in the corridor. She gave both me and Brigid a big hug; it feels so friendly and safe being treated by this pair.

She confirmed that she'd operate either the 15th or 22nd Jan. so this means our lovely plans for a good Christmas are all stations-go. Mrs Hall said she'd be skiing at the start of Jan.. so she said, "Plan something for the New Year too.... " hmm, there's a thought..

Trentham
Liz has been here today and we walked all the way around the lake at Trentham after my radiation treatment. The sky was completely blue and the air fresh but not too cold. It was delightful. However, it seemed to exhaust me and I slept for three hours when we got back here. There is a fragrant smell of roast veggies that she is cooking up for tea and we are going to watch a DVD later!

B says I'm 1/2 way through my radiation tomorrow - day 14 out of 28 :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should say something about the woefully inadequate wildlife info at Trentham- I wantedto know a lot more about the invertibrates! Liz x

Anonymous said...

Pleased to hear all is well for Christmas. I will get my train ticket for Nov 21st till either Friday or Sat - any preferences?

suze said...

@ liz - what do you need to know about invertebrates for? I thought that more worrying than the sketchy info on the creatures was the way the route markers on the walk got less useful as the path got less obvious in the woods!

@ jean - bless you darling!

@ Julie - if your mistry brothers and their dad will let you stay then Sat is good for us ... I'm looking forward to seeing you again

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice walk around the lake.....if you like walks...and if im wrong i will let you kill me, then Westport Lake is supposed to be a really nice walk.

glad to heaar your flying through your treatment.

Kieran xx