Tuesday, October 31, 2006

C+R week3 day 2 What do I do?

Hi
feeling pretty good today - nice change! At the moment the weather is rough and can't do any walking, just yet.

A few ppl have asked me what I do with my days .. I guess it seems I have oodles of "time" being not at work..

Mostly what I do is connect with (lots of) people and variously engage with words in their many forms... much the same as I've ever done!

This week B has been on holiday, so we spent hours together but apart from that, in the past few weeks loads of faimly and friends spend time with me, either in person or on the phone. There are five ppl who phone me nearly every day! I make free with my counselling services to any who ask (and one or two who don't!)

Then I do this internet stuff, message boards, emails and blogs to say nothing of pen and paper: writing letters and cards. I'm reading comedy books - Jeeves, Lucia and Mapp, Ben Elton, for example.

I try and walk a bit every day for at least an hour, and do some yoga, both physical and mental. I also tend to doze a fair bit now, and spend a good while each day in the bathroom, both of these in deference to the side-effects of my treatment. I also have my medical appointments to go to and have to follow a schedule for meal times and drug times.

I have done a few work-related things since I stopped going into college, mainly trying to support A2 students, and the staff who are managing my work while I'm not there.

I've also done lots of sorting: making the shrine took three days work with re-organising books and throwing stuff away. I've done the same with all my clothes.. lots of ratioanlistion and piles for charity shops.. so that is it ..

I dunno how I ever fitted work into my life - really
I hardly get time to watch a DVD, though James lent us loads, we've watched only one and rarely turn the TV on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aye up suzi, not sure if HOTmail is playing up so will leave a massage here too...
youngest rugrat is out (no tricking)treating only so i have a few minutes to myself till she returns and we'll all suffer her hyper-frenzied-sugar rush
glad you're feeling a bit brighter today, long may it continue!
love wendy aka mittens

Anonymous said...

Well, with that going on who would want to waste time watching dvds???!!! xx

Anonymous said...

Hey

did you go trick or treating last night?

i wanted too, a couple of people from college were planning it but i was ill, had yesturday and today off.

glad to hear your feeling brighter today and that you managed to have a walk.

xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzie,

just to say that I am away for a month from next week should you or B wish to contact. I fly out on the 9th November.
I will try and phone you before i go.
Really glad to hear you sounding so poitive!

I.