Tuesday, October 17, 2006

C+R day 2


Hi - I'm TIRED this afternoon - so this is a quicky -

This is pretty much what the radiation gear looks like - the whole big thing ROTATES around the bed, and the square thing (at the bottom) comes out to take X-ray shots of where the zaps are going at the start of treatment (so they can check that they're doing it right)

... the circular bit in the middle is all flashy with red numbers and stuff, goodness knows what it does cos I am face down and not able to see much, really.
The table is far more cluttered than this - with shapes on it that I have to lie in - a shape for my head, one for my belly and some supports for my shins.

ps
I got this pic from a website that seems quite good about what radiotherapy is: http://www.athope.com/radiation.htm if your curiosity is unsated by just the picture ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sorry your feeling tired, that thing looks really uncomfortable, hope you dont have to go on it too much

xxx

suze said...

Hi - It is a bit uncomfy but on a grand scale of things that will be unpleasant on this treatment plan, it aint a high scorer!

btw keiran - I've used my moderator power to choose NOT to publish your last lot of cheeky chick remarks !

Anonymous said...

Evening,
Hope you are orate!
Anyway i've been reading through your blog and I dont know if you have tried www.yoox.com its a bit of a gem i get loads of diesel stuff from there because they do FB (fat b'stard) size.

All my love

Loz x x x

suze said...

@ jean - good point - there IS no space for busoms! I'm right squashed -- maybe I should mention it as possible desing improvement!

@ Loz -- cool tip, thanks -- I didn't know deisel did FB sizes! Maybe I'll get something for myself then!

Anonymous said...

Hve you seen Dr No?
This machine is EXACTLY the same as that that laser beam that tried to fry James Bonds tackle to shreds! ouch.

Anonymous said...

trust you to remember that Mr K...

It is quite relaxing cos they keep the lights dim and play music the whole time... CDs - not radio so no irritating jinglers or DJs