Thursday, October 19, 2006

C+R week1 day4

Whooooo - it is a busy-bee life being Celebrity Patient .. I've hardly had time to catch my breath these last two days ..
Yesterday
I had a very nice day -- met up with Kate who I've met through one of the message boards I use .. she was great company and we had lunch in The Lounge and bumped into Keith again.

Celia and Sukhraj came round after work and we passsed a couple of hours mulling over certain work-related issues .. which was interesting .. then no sooner had they left than Ann arrived bearig a gift of lemon and ginger tea-bags ... thank-you!

I cooked a lovely veggie tea for B and was in bed by 9 -- quite tired ... but smiley.

Today
has also been good - I went in for treatment early for the second time this week, and Dr Adab popped his head round to check I'm doing OK - which is what he has said he would do .. ain't that nice!

I then finished annotating the ENB4 coursework plans submitted by A2 language students. I did them sitting in the cafe in Sainsobs and took them round to work. It was quite emotional being in there, and lots of ppl were very sweet with me ..

It was good to meet Stewart who has taken over my classes this year. We are sooo lucky to have someone who actually understands the Lang work! Liz leaving and me off sick left a fair gap in the market and he has made a great impression on the students already.. so hopefully they will be well cared for!

Meditation.
Lezli came for lunch and stayed to do a couple of hours with me about meditation techniques and using my mind's healing potential. I'm so lucky to be able to have this help and I feel very relaxed after the work we did today .. Lezli will teach me some more next week.

Phone
Little Mummy checked in for her daily chit-chat ..
my Dougie Mac nurse called to check that I am doing OK
the carers' group called to fix a date for B next week,
Jean called to do very high-level important talks with me ..

and later Azrini is coming round ....

see? it's a busy-bee life

Lots of love to you all
xxx

3 comments:

Kate said...

Well I know you're not just saying that because you know I'll be reading this! It really was lovely and Keith was a very warm and welcoming bloke too...

I'm thinking of trying to get into some yoga or meditation myself. As I said yesterday, my attention span is so short and my mind jumps around so much that I need to learn to calm down and take things in my stride...

Glad you've got so many wonderful people around you!

suze said...

@ kate -= yeah we'll have ot do it again .. and I agree about Keith - that reminds me I haven't sent him the blog address yet!

@ cosmo -- it was so groovy having chance for a long talk (arem conference) -- I don't think I made enhnwxdwlough fuss of your successful bid either, BRAVO my dear .. I'm really impressed ....

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a busy day so an early night yes???

you came into college and ya didnt come 2 find me, im shocked and upset now...tut tut

spoke to Celia today, she says i make you laugh :P

xxx