Sunday, October 15, 2006

Le weekend 2

We've been having a lovely weekend.

Dr Adab was splendid -- he listened to all my questions and explained all my new treatments very carefully. When I said I was a bit apprehensive facing this new stuff he seemed surprised and was very reassuring about how many patients he has treated in this way, and how they cope with it and what the likely side-effects can be, etc.

He said "You sailed through the first lot and you'll sail through this." So, I find that encouraging.

Manchester
We has a lovely time in Manchester. Mandy assembled a delicious lunch for us, and hats-off to her partner, Pete, who turns out to be a great cook with a lovely celery soup and an okra dish which we relished.

In town we found that the bags in Diesel, though very lovely and funky didn't quite meet our needs .. but we found the ideal one in Jones the Bootmaker. (Still too expensive to risk mum's blood pressure, but not quite so silly as Diesel prices!) Also got Brigid a brilliant new coat from Karen Millen.. (maybe photos of these materialistic excesses will appear later today.)

Tom
We came home to spend the evening with B's sister and brother in law Alice and Graham, and the lovely Tom. B loves her nephew, Tom as much as I love mine. She 'd been hoping that he would choose Keele for his uni next year .. so they have come up for the Open Day.

Tom has got really interested in gigs and stuff, these days -- so we're not sure Keele will be the best place for him, anymore! He's also looking at Brighton and Liverpool, which are probably better for music...

They all ate a belly-busting Chinese from my fave take-away, I think I'll post a link to them - cos it really is great quality food - tho I cant eat it, atm.

B is going up to Keele with them today ..


This is photo-shop image I made of Tom last year -- am I going to get students posting "he's hot" comments now?

10 comments:

Michael said...

Not my type.

suze said...

he'll be pleased to hear that...

Michael said...

Now the girl on the other hand...you must orchestrate a meeting.

Anonymous said...

hi, seems like you had a great weekend! What lovely materialistic things you have acquired! :-)
Ours was good as well! Matt managed to put the wardrobe together, Stoke won 4:0, my mum is safely on the bus back home!
Take care! xx

Anonymous said...

very pleased to hear about your weekend - and happy birthday to Mandy! I have been swept up into a big weekend of dancing. (5 Rhythms that is) Lots of love vibes sent your way in the process. Lx

Anonymous said...

Kasia, are you supprised Stoke won? its been a long time eh? dont worry, they will soon loose and end up at the bottom.

Susan, glad you had such a good time at the weekend. Manchester is a great place, did you manage to go to Primark?

managed to get accross to see my nephew again today, he was asleep but i held him for about an hour...seemed like he knew exactly what was going on because whenever i spoke to him he answered with a little noise and then was silent :D

hope tomorrow is good

Keep ya chin up

much love

xxxx

suze said...

@ kasia -- glad you had a good weekend - I'm always Sooo impressed with tales of Matt being practical! It's a pity I cant come to Stoke v Sunderland with you both tomorrow - I would love to, but I get too tired to be out quite so long in the COLD! .. B is looking forward to it, though. and I'm getting Andy K all to myself so that will be good fun anyway.

@ keiran - why r u so cheeky about stoke? and be nice to Kasia --she is a good mate of mine!!

@ michael " I MUST orchestrate a meeting .. ??? haha ..

@ nurse connie -- your vibes are always welcome, my dear!

Anonymous said...

i cant help being cheeky, u should know that :p

ive got myself a bird ... shes an actor and singer :P I'll be in the money lol

i'll be nice to kasia im sure shes very nice, she in my age range (You know what that is :P)

xxx

suze said...

"you've got yourself a BIRD!!!" I wish I was in college and could attempt to continue your education .. it is very 1970s to call a woman a BIRD, keiran, DO try to keep up with the contemporary mores! And is there any living woman who is outside your age range?

Anonymous said...

well i do apologise, what would you prefer me to call her? got myself a girl?

I can actually say that yes there are women outside my age range, those under 16 :P

how are you feeling?

xxx