Friday, October 06, 2006

Second session of cocktails - Near end of day 2

Message from Suze

So we are sitting here with Brigid on foot-massage duties and me filling in the crossword:
S: OK, 15 down, 7 letter word, begins with B, type of bird?
B: (quick as a flash) Beagle
Pause
B: Oh no, that’s a dog.
S: *eek*

You’ve got to love her!

Please post correct answers on back of a used note to her school.

I’ve not had the best night – arm is sore already with the drip and I am struggling to settle.
Talked to Mand for an hour around midnight … and doing this at 3.30am. Hopefully will nod off shortly. Or sleep through the England game that I should have been at this afternoon.
This would have been my first England game…..I hope Matt’s mate John Wain enjoys my ticket! I used to know a fellah called this too, and it’s not the same guy. Why do parents do this?


and from B

You can tell how sleepy Suze is from the fact that the England match is tomorrow so that makes us as dozey as each other.

I've just popped back home to post this and I'm back off up to the hospital now. I'm staying over at Matt and Kasia's tonight so that's all for today. Have a good evening.

love from B

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you both - one of the psychiatrists came up to me today and suggested I pray for you. This is a small town, heaven only knows how he heard about your health. Didn't think that praying was part of the NHS NICE guidelines either. Love you - and yes I will continue to pray in my own way, Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi

hope that you settled down ans managed to sleep well.

we are doing a back to school day at college on friday 20th october to raise money for the Dougie Mac.

hope your arm feels better soon

xxx

suze said...

Hi, I know you pray for me in your own way, Julie..

@ Keiran - that sounds very cool - who is organising it? (and have you checked in with Uncle Nigel .. you know there'll be risk assessment forms to fill in!)Please tell us more!

Ali said...

So can we all blame you for the dire performance of our national team yesterday seeing as you didn't go?

I've started blogging now.. thanks for the inspiration!
Ali x

suze said...

Hi Ali -- I'm going to struggle to keep up with all the new blogs ppl are starting after coming in here, I think there are at least five new ones now! I love it, of course ... and it keeps be busy!

I am noiw glad that I wasnt at the game -- I didn't even watch it on telly and it sounds dire from all reports -- perhaps I can buy another Manta with the refunded £40 ticket money....

suze said...

@ Ali again - in fact Icant open your blog .. dunno what the problem is ... ??

Ali said...

does this work? x
What a wheeler-dealer you are eh, making profit on that car! I can't believe that.....!

suze said...

ahha - here are the comments - so I didn't lose them -- and yes I can see your blog now, Ali -- you need a word with the Lauras - they are very good on apostrophes!
Quite amused to see you list Steely Dan in your fave bands - I went to see them in Coventy about 33 years ago!
AND since you mantion Jane Eyre - you MUST watch the adaptation of Wide Sargasso Sea on Beeb4 (toight I think .. )

(@ jean that one about freshers is Laura's)

Ali said...

@ Jean - i wish i was a fresher again!
will defo tune into Wide Sargasso Sea later - thanks!
And Steely Dan - top stuff!!! I just love it. We gig a fair bit of their stuff with our band.

James said...

I can see B's confussion from the quote.

"The beagle has landed" or was that eagle? no matter she's still adorable.

We want more comments about beetroot.

From JRN Sharpe esq. Presidient of the British Beetroot Council.