Monday, October 23, 2006

(C+R week2 day1) Happy Birthday, Dad

Hi -- Happy Birthday, Dad, hope you've had a great day and have a nice party-tea tonight with the mistry brothers and all xxxx

Spend Spend Spend
We've been on a bit of spending spree today - including Trentham Gardens, which Andy said was horrible and everyone else I know has told me it is worth a visit.... Well Andy is obviously rueing the fact that the old swimming pool from his youth is no longer there, but I side with everyone else. We liked the shops and I've bought a season ticket to the Italian Gardens so I can mooch around up there as often as I fancy it... I'm going to add a link as well, some time soon.


Shrine


We spent most of the weekend re-organising the study and now we've cleared a space and created a lovely little special place to keep our religious things on; it is very calming and precious.

We have turfed out loads of stuff, but mostly not to the bin (MUM!!) we are donating (or inflicting) it to local charity shops. I took me back, some of he books I've ditched - I was SO politicised in the 80s - loads of feminist and political tracts ... and now it is all religion with me!.. hey ho ... perhaps most of this stuff will end up in the bin, after going through the funnel of the charity shop!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,I hope that your ironing injury is now history. The party tea has been lovely. Needless to say the boys are full of crisps and pop - but some forces are too great to take on after a days work.

Anonymous said...

Susan,every one has gone home now,it is all quite now the family have gone.the boys where all for doing a sleep over,but JJ said no,they bought me some nice present's,and Joe had brought his modell airoplanes he has just made and painted to show me,he has made a good job of them,Mark and Luke phoned,so every one got in touch,a nice end to the party feeling
love Dad xxx

Ali said...

Hi Suze
Well done with the clear-out. I wish I could de-clutter. Your shrine looks really special.
p.s. Trentham rocks!

Anonymous said...

You definately cant throw books away... im sure that's one of the unwritten rules of humanity. What political books are we talking here? I (or my fellow intellectuals - ha!) might purchase some off you... any that come with your recommendation...?

Anonymous said...

Tuesday Hi susan and Brigid, Just reporting more unhealthy food consumed fish fingers chips and pea.The mistry boys have gone home now Cloe is arriving at seven to night Dads mowing the lawn. lots of love mumxxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like it! I think it's great and worth taking anyone that comes to visit!

suze said...

hi y'all.
Julie - I must take the blame for the crisps, mum said "they want party food, what shall I get?" and I said crsips ... eep!

Dad - glad that you had a nice day with everyone getting in touch. We need to think about mum's 70th now. I got a nice card for hers today -- some of them are so RUBBISH - really old fashioned things .. anyway .. mine is in the bag 2 months early!

Ali - I am forever clearing out - it seems to grow on its own... seems there is a bit of a Trentham fan-club atarting in here with me and you and Kasia too...

Sam - I have kept some of the policital classics for pals to sift through - if you come early you an have first pick!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Wrote this message yesterday when I returned from the van but I don't think I managed to send it. I log on every day to see how you are. Hope you and B are enjoying your time off together but it sounds as if tiredness takes over. I see you have mentioned the 70 - what about the 'golden"? Please let me know if you require any taxi jobs. LOL Barbara xx

suze said...

Hi Barbara - it is nice to know that you are logging on to keep in touch. Cousin Pauline reads it too, apparently.(hi Pauline, and thanks for your card)

Yes we are enjoying our time off together and I am OK so long as I snooze a bit in the afternoon, and I go to bed by 10pm...

I did find a nice golden wedding card as well, as it happens!

I am OK for transport this week, and what we are planning after this is tht B drops me off and I arrange lifts to get me home. I'll let you know!