Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday

I forgot to say yesterday, but I also got a date from the hospital confirming my surgery will be on 15th January .. so now we know!

Yesterday we had a great hour or so in the sunshine at Trentham, in the formal gardens. The car-park was almost full but there was no-one else in the garden, so the shops must have been busy. We also popped over to Leek to get our fruit and veg. The man gave us a bunch of parsely and knocked a few bob off the bill: "15 pound for cash" .. which you don't get in Sainsburys!

In the afternoon I was very sleepy and did nowt!

Today I've been relatively pain-free and managed to do a bit of tidying in the front garden, dead-heading and picking up leaves, mainly.

B has been running and we are going to have a lovely soup for lunch that she made with a pumpkin (which Azrini gave us!) and a few other veggies .. it looks lovely and orange food is supposed to be especially good for cancer healing. I've also had a pomegranate and orange smoothy. Anandi says pomegranates are "nectar" for me, so good job they seem plentiful (2 for 60p in Leek!)

This afternoon I want to finish the shrine curtains, but I might be too tired -- already going dozy
xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm glad you had a nice time in Trentham and aren't feeling too bad. I'm still wondering when this sunshine is going to reach me!
I agree, Sainsburys really is a rip-off for fruit and veg.
Talking of pumpkins, on Hallowe'en, Laura, our friend and I (admittedly rather drunkenly) bought a pumpkin for 99p. We felt sorry for it because it tried so hard to be orange and failed. As Laura wisely pointed out, "it's not easy being green".
Lots of love,
Laura
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi, we had a great day yesterday! full of community spirit! All residents were out tidying the street and then we had a bonfire and fireworks diplay! Met loads of other neighbours, drank lots of wine and now suffer with muscular pains and hangover. But it was worth it!

PS. I m off on Thursday so let me know if you want to do anything.. even on the day..

Anonymous said...

Hey

did you have many fireworks last night???

hope ya managed to finish the curtains

much love

Kieran

xx

Anonymous said...

15th of January for surgery has got to be a good date. The DT's from Christmas will have passed for the surgical team by then.

suze said...

hi keiran - I'm such a grump the firework noises this weekend upset me, how sad is that?
I got the wire and hooks etc for the curtains, but there is a certain amount of drilling
required b4 I can establish the right drop for the curtai; since we are pathologically averse to drilling there may be a technical hitch!

@ laura - you are so right about being green being tough for a pumpkin .. hmm -- I hope you're not o.d.'ing on hot chocolate!

hey kasia - I'd not seen this when we spoke last night .. Friday is still fave for me, cos the folks will be on their way home then ..
xx

suze said...

hey Julie and Cosmo
you two should be on the stage! you make me laugh, thanks!

strange but true I know two ppl who know my surgeon in real-life and they both say she can down a pint of real ale with the best of 'em, however she is also successful as an international ARCHER, so obviously has a steady hand when it counts!

Anonymous said...

You might be abit stuck there eh? What ya goin do??

Ya will have to wait until you are a less of a grump and get fireworks....and a big bonfire....ya cant not have a bonfire....although we did this year and it didnt have the same effect as previous years :(

hope your good

xxx

suze said...

KEIRAN
you're still missing out those apostrophes (in you're)

which just goes to show that TEACHING someone something and someone LEARNING something are quite different things!