Sunday, November 26, 2006

dinners

At last, blogger is letting me put my pics here, Julie has told me not to go on too much, in case she gets "performance anxiety" about Christmas ... ha ha ha, only a woman with her training would even think of that!

Sadly the image of Julie's first dinner was too blurry (my fault) -- just imagine potatoes dauphinoise, wild salmon, roasted plum tomatoes and broccoli spears!

This next one is the saddle of lamb with red cabbage, mash with onion marmalade and green beans:


Then she rustled up this vegetarian medley with baked goat's cheese, mediterranean potatoes, sprouts with chestnuts, carrots and a tomato dish:


This is me, ready to tuck in -- I guess you'll notice I look pretty tired, that's cos I am pretty whacked most of the time, but it didn't stop me enjoying my dinner! (and the leftovers since she's been gone)

(btw - note the new dress from TK Maxx - the only damned thing in my size in the shop - I have got a rant about clothes shops brewing, but dont want to spoil this homage to the celebrity chef by doing it now -- remind me next week!)



So, thanks Julie, it was so lovely having you here. We had such a good laugh every day and I reckon that's at least as powerful as Dr Adab's stuff.

We both love you to bits
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could of got you discount in Tk Maxx because im brilliant and work in the Homestore in the potteries shopping centre lol.

you still havent replyed to my email i sent you last week...might have 2 cry until you do.

The meal looks absolutly lovely so she did a fantastic job there and dont put your self down...you look wonderful!

Much love

Kieran

Anonymous said...

Hi suze
loively to see the photo of you, you'er looking great gal1
didbn;t call today as I've been on the motorwa yall day so pretty pointless unless I get stopped in traffic which I didn't and you said you had azreni up.
So i'll call tomorrrow
loved your stuff on the takeheart blog.
food for thought for everyone, amazing how easily we can slip into mild negativity and salutory to reflect how destructive it is.
mand x x x

Andy said...

A nice spread!

suze said...

Ha -- Mand, you are very sweet, but really --- I don't look that great here - you really can see the tiredness of the radiation in my face ...

BUT wait till I get the next lot of photos up -- I did the whole estee lauder thing last night when we dressed up for Azrini's birthday and our anniverary (14 YEARS!!) and it takes 10 years off me

@ K -- oh tell us NOW -- my sis spent a fortune in that one ARGHHH!

Anonymous said...

haha...woops...well atleast ya know for future :P

xxx

Anonymous said...

bit late in the day to find out we could have had a discount. Still good news for future reference. I've told John that I've left one or two things with you to save carrying them on the underground - needless to say I didn't tell him I would have needed a pack horse.